Dr. Hirst has extensive experience working with the complex issues of hormone balance with fertility, PCOS, and menopause. She works with women dealing with any hormonal issue. In addition to these specialties, Dr. Hirst practices natural family medicine in general practice. She provides annual exams for all ages in addition to well-woman exams.
Areas of Specialty:
- Evaluation and treatment of hormonal and menstrual complaints.
- Treatment of infertility.
- Menopause and bio-identical hormones.
- Intestinal issues and food allergy.
- Autoimmune concerns.
- General acute and chronic disease care for males and females of all ages.
Dr. Hirst is a graduate of Bastyr University and Bastyr Center for Natural Health’s Clinical Residency Program in naturopathic family medicine. She has interned with the Family Medicine Service of Swedish Hospital in Seattle, the Highline Cancer Center in Burien, and with public health physicians in Ecuador and Mexico. Previous to studying naturopathic medicine, Dr. Hirst worked in a wide variety of research settings including Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Corixa Corporation, and the US Forest Service Pacific Northwest Research Station. Dr. Hirst has enjoyed participating in sports for 30 years. If not on a bicycle, you might find her on the soccer field, in her garden, or cooking with friends and family.
- Clinical Residency in Naturopathic Family Medicine, Bastyr Center for Natural Health, 2007-2008
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, 2007
LMP, Brenneke School of Massage, 2005
- Yoga Teaching Certificate, Pacific Yoga Teacher Training, 2001
- B.S. in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Western Washington University, 1997
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Herbalists Guild
- American Botanical Council
Insurance Coverage and Fees:
Dr. Hirst is a preferred provider with the following insurance companies:
- First Choice
All health plans vary, please contact your plan directly to understand your specific coverage for naturopathic medicine. Please feel free to utilize the insurance coverage worksheet form when contacting your insurance.
Dr. Hirst does NOT accept the following plans: Medicare, Medicaid/DSHS, Basic Health, or most Group Health plans.
Office visit fees are determined by the complexity of problems that we discuss. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to discuss our fees. Your insurance will be billed directly unless you prefer to handle it yourself. Insurance plans cover varying percentages of your medical costs and you may be responsible for any amount not covered by your plan.